At COMCO Plastics, we are a leading manufacturer of high-performance machined and fabricated plastic components with over 65 years of experience. We are your one-stop shop for all of your plastic component needs, offering services such as thermoforming, CNC turning and milling, assembly, fabrication, and more. With a dedication to quality and continuous improvement, COMCO strives to deliver superior plastics while maintaining quick delivery times and affordable prices.
COMCO Plastics Capabilities
We offer a wide range of in-house plastics manufacturing capabilities, including:
Thermoforming, or vacuum forming, involves using a vacuum to stretch a heated sheet of plastic over a mold to create a 3D part or shape. At COMCO, we are a pioneer in vacuum forming, and our custom-made vacuum forming equipment can accommodate plastic materials up to .375’’ in a window of 40’’ x 47’’, with a possible draw of up to 18’’.
CNC Milling & Turning
CNC milling involves holding the material in place while the cutting tools rotate around it, whereas CNC turning involves keeping the tools in the same place while the workpiece rotates against it. Some plastic parts are more complex than others and may require multiple operations or off-center work. At COMCO, we can accommodate these situations through live tooling on multi-axis lathes, or with a combination of milling and turning operations. We can also complete this type of work on Swiss Screw Machines.
Assembly & Fabrication
We are proud to offer White Glove Fabrication Services. This allows our clients to off-load a portion of the necessary assembly process. We can assemble or fabricate multi-piece components, from simple parts to complex assemblies.
For projects that require the utmost optical clarity, we offer vapor polishing services. Based on the particular material and its ability to be polished, we offer a range of polishing types such as flame polishing, diamond tool machine polishing, manual polishing, and vapor polishing.
Plastic annealing involves heating the plastic part up to half of its melting temperature for a period of time before allowing it to cool back down. This process is often used to relieve internal stresses and relax the material. COMCO understands how stress affects materials, and we have developed our own proprietary annealing cycles to relieve these stresses. This ensures that the part can be reliably machined and finished.
A Look Inside COMCO Plastics
With our state-of-the-art fabrication facility, COMCO has the ability and the commitment to meet the need for precision parts in virtually any industry, application, or material. Take a look behind the scenes in our new facility tour video:
COMCO Plastics In-house Production Solutions
Our company prides itself on meeting your plastic needs. We offer a number of in-house solutions to help you achieve your goal, including:
- Custom design consultation. We have a team of skilled professionals and in-house engineers to help you meet your project’s specifications with custom plastic components.
- In-house assembly. We offer in-house services to assemble your components, no matter how simple or complex they are.
- Quality assurance. Through our many years of experience, adherence to the latest quality standards, certifications, and dedication to improvement, COMCO strives to deliver high-quality production and manufacturing.
- 24-hour lead times. If you are located within 250 miles of our facility, we offer 24-hour lead times with our blanket purchase orders.
- Materials always in stock. We maintain a thorough inventory management system, meaning that once we meet our inventory minimums, we reorder so we never run out of materials. This ensures that we can always produce for our customers.
- Reliable shipping methods. We utilize UPS/FedEx services to ensure reliable shipping and delivery.
Working With an Industry Leader Like COMCO Plastics
Comco Plastics has been known for high-quality, precision-machined and fabricated high-performance plastics for over 65 years. We have served a multitude of industries around the world. With our state-of-the-art fabrication facility, we can meet the plastics needs for nearly every industry, material, or application. We are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016-certified to ensure you receive the highest quality products for your needs. To learn more about our capabilities, contact us or request a quote today.